Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new cat tree came in the mail yesterday so I stayed up last night to put it together. The cats were very helpful in the process. They kept checking the box to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything, they sat on the various parts so they wouldn't walk away, and Sully chased the screws all over the living room for me.

With help like this....

My only complaint about the tree is the perches are really too small for my "full bodied" lot.

They took to it right away. It was nice to see all three of them playing together.

I was proud of myself for putting it together myself. I only had one leftover part. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow! It looks great! :thumb

Your cats have obviously taken to it very quickly! They look real tinkers! :lol:

Carol xx

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Congrats on putting it together yourself! :D
I admit I let DH do it when we got ours... our tree looks a lot like yours btw, is yours an Armakat too?

(Picture taken when we first got it, Isis and Mew were only 4 months old... now they are a lot bigger and still fit nicely on the perches, but I am afraid that they will have trouble if they get much larger down the line :? )

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Janice said:
Man oh man... I wish I could find stuff like that here in Canada... our prices are crazy !! :roll: :roll:
Even if you buy it off ebay? That's what we did, our tree cost only $15, but there was about $70 of shipping... all in all, $85 was still an awesome deal compared to pet store prices!

Just wanted to add that it's also wonderful to see how active and happy little Sully is - what a silly monkey :D

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
They look like they have moved right in and having a great time. Good job putting that thing together- I would never have even tried.

·
Super Moderator
26,515 Posts
Very cool! :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
I :luv that cat condo!

We're going to get one from from that same vendor off of E-Bay once we get moved. The BF isn't interested in getting a huge monster condo now and then having to move it along with the rest of our belongings in a month.

Speaking of which, that's coming up really fast. It doesn't feel real, yet!

Nini- my concern is that Nakie (you remember the cranky uncle, yes?) is 25 lbs. He's the size of a beagle, and I know he won't be able to fit on those squares. After all, those are for normal sized cats, not gigantic monster kitties like mine.

I wonder if there is a company that caters to big cats?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid $90 for this on sale at cozycatfurniture.com. Shipping was free! It was a steal considering this is as tall as my other tree that I got at Petsmart for $220!! Like I said, my only complaint is the small perches, but hopefully this diet will slim everyone down to normal cat size and it won't be a problem.

Yep, its an Armakat Tree. It was pretty easy to put together and its very sturdy, mine have been bouncing on and off of it all day and its doesn't even wobble. They LOVE the sisal scratching surfaces too. Much better than my all carpet tree.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
OhMy said:
I wonder if there is a company that caters to big cats?
I don't know, but it would be a great idea for a business! LOTS of potential customers!!

There Julie I found it! Do you want to go into business together and make custom furniture for large cats? :wink:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Oh My, Simba is a big cat and we have had some perches, etc that his ample body couldn't fit on. We did find a tree that has nice big perches, and he fits fairly well. The tree came put together the posts are wood, which add strength.

Here's a picture of the tree:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Leazie said:
Oh My, Simba is a big cat and we have had some perches, etc that his ample body couldn't fit on. We did find a tree that has nice big perches, and he fits fairly well. The tree came put together the posts are wood, which add strength.

Here's a picture of the tree:
We like that one! where did you get it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts