Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just officially became a cat parent myself a month ago and totally clueless how to handle my little girl.

Here to learn some and also to seek advise.
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-25 at 10.46.18 AM.jpeg

Adopted this little girl cos she keeps coming to my house for months and totally owns the compound and would not leave after that.

I was away for 2 days staycation and she went MIA for a few days. When she came back she came into the house and refused to go out even to for peeing or pooping.

So i decided to officially adopt her bought her litterbox, toys and what not. She was all loving and constantly seek for our attention.

Then i decided to take her for a bath and also get vaccinated, deworm and deflea. Which she was absolutely terrified. When we got home she immediately ran for the door, which i kept it close to avoid her from going out. As i intent to get her spayed after her 3rd vaccine.

This poor girl has been constantly staring at the door and initially was still needing some loving time to now totally ignoring me and look depressed, turning her back at me when i pet her, won't response when i call her and sleeping most of the time.

She still eats, drinks and poops as normal. The vet visit is almost a week already.

What should i do? Do i let her out? Desperately need some advise cos i miss all the cuteness from her.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Keep her in or she'll probably have kittens for you. It's hard to retrain a cat to be indoors only, but it can be done. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what my other cat parent friends advised me to do as well. But will she ignore me forever? Cos she seems to not like me anymore. It feels like a break up :cry: but i'm forcing her to stay.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I know it’s tough but hang in there and she will love ❤ you even more. She doesn’t hate you. It’s interesting how they can manipulate use humans. Haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, will be patience and wait. Now i dread taking her for her 2nd vaccine appointment. Before she can recover from the trauma, i'm gonna do it to her again :eek: Hearing her sad meows its so heartbreaking, I'm traumatized too I think. 😬

1 - 6 of 6 Posts