Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as some of you may know, I was planning on getting a cat. Well, today, i finally went and picked up my kitty today. It's a 10 week old either DMH or DLH gray and white cat. So far, not sure if it's a male or a female but i'm guessing it's a male from it's personality so far.
There are 2 things that worry me about it so far.

It's eyes are very discharge-y and his anus isn't very clean. I tried cleaning it in the washroom but it freaks out. When i asked the person why it's eyes were full of discharge, he said it's from sleep. I'm wondering if there is a way to clean his eye discharge and his anus area.

Everything is going well, he knows how to use the litterbox, he pooped right outside of the box once but i'm guessing it's because he couldn't hold it in. He's very energetic and he's playful, he was a bit scared at first and hid under the bed for about an hour but now he's fun.

Another thing that worries me is that is it ok for him to always be sleeping up on you or someone else in the family? My parents are saying that I shouldn't let it snuggle up on me too much because he'll get used to the company of humans too much and it'll be hard for him when i'm gone during the day.

I'll have some pics as soon as my friend comes over with his digicam. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's fine to let your cats sleep with you. Hubby won't let mine, but I would let them if he would.

Have you taken the kitty to the vet for a checkup? If not, it might not be a bad idea to make sure everything looks good.

Congratulations on your new friend!

·
Registered
107 Posts
sounds to me like your little one has an upper respitory infection. Take him/her to see a vet and they can clear this up for you, but i would definately make a trip to the vet. good luck, and congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips all, i'll definitely make a trip to the vet this week. i also noticed that his stool is pretty sloppy and it's not in solid form. i think it might be from the change of foods. his past owner fed him friskies and other grocery store brands, but i'm feeding him wellness kitten. my mom is planning to put him on a different food for now and slowly changing him onto wellness. any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Make sure its a gradual change, anything too sudden will cause diahreah sometimes. I would get a thorough check up at the vet for now and use kitty wipes to clean his bum area for now.

My cats sleep in the same room with me every nite, and when they were kittens used to sleep by my side. No problems when I leave, and I doubt it will create any problems for you either.

Good Luck :!:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts