Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there ladies and gents. I live in a small apartment in the fair land of Pennsylvania with two roommates, two cats, a snake, and my roommate's budgies. I also work at a pet store. So I can't escape from critters, not that I'd want to!

My cats are Marcus, a shiny black cat who had three homes before coming to me. He belonged first to a hoarder, then to my cousin who said "I don't want this cat anymore, I don't like cats" then to my parents, a temporary home, then to me. He's an absolute love with no attention span and the propensity for being insanely adorable. He also had a struvite crystal episode in February.

Galen, the other cat, is a Siamese/Russian blue mix with major issues. He was abused before he came to me, and as a result is anxious, face shy, and grooms excessively. He cuddles with me and my roommate but hates everyone else. He also GREATLY DISAPPROVES of much of human activities. We're pretty sure he's a super genius that could do nuclear physics if he had thumbs.

Rest in peace - Dukhat, who died in November after only a year of life. He was a gorgeous, handsome, and utterly stupid Maine **** who died of HCM. I will never forget him, will always miss him and love him, my beautiful boy. He had a future in the show ring. He and Galen had an epic romance.

So, hi!

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
Welcome!

Your cats sound wonderful, can't wait for more stories and lots of pictures.

I'm so sorry about Dukhat, he left you much too soon. :patback

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hi and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about Dukhat. He was very young...that must have been difficult.

Looking forward to hearing stories about your little ones.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Aww! Sorry to hear about Dukhat. And Galen had a very sad story. I hope his behavior problems will get fixed soon. There was a ct that my mom, sister and I babysat and his name was buddy. He was also abused before he was adopted from a friend of mine and he was a meany. We gave him back to our friend and never saw him again. He was a orange tabby..

And I would like to see pictures!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're wonderful cats. Marcus is such a love, you'd never think he was swapped around as much as he was. He loves food, you, this bag of treats, your book, more food, the corner of the couch, and whatever you're doing.
Galen's issues make many things difficult. I took him to the vet once and it was extremely traumatizing for both of us. He refuses to eat kitty treats which removes the option of calming treats to the mix. I know he should get to vet again, but don't know how!

Losing Dukhat was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to face. I wasn't even home when he died...I was on vacation in Florida. He fell sick and my roommate took him to the vet, and the vet kept me updated...but he had to be put down the day before I came back. I remember giving the order over the phone (he was freaking out and in SO much pain and had thrown a clot to the legs...he had HCM) and then wanting to die because my cat was going to die. I often wonder why the universe took my cat from me. But I am sure we all do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts