Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A soft, chewy sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar! I honestly never know what to tell people when they ask me what color Midas is (half of them won't believe "buff" is correct), so now I'm just going to tell them he is considered Snickerdoodle. Seems like a lot of people don't know what a Moggy is, so I get away with that for now. :crazy Anyone else make up a color for their cat since nothing else seems to fit?

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
That about sums it up. I think "buff" would have been a good description, too. I used to work in wholesale fabric warehouse and we had to make up names for different fabric colors. If he were a bolt of fabric I'd say "natural", "buff" or probably "eggshell".

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
(raises hand energetically!!) ooooh oooo oooo I did, I did LOL

Sadie is a white cat with tabby splotches, so, I've made up the color "Whabby"
I figured calicos, and tabbys and torbies and tuxies had theirs, it was time for a new kid on the block... the white - tabby mixes ... WHABBIES !!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the confusion comes when people think buff on a cat needs to have a touch of orange, like an orange tabby that got washed out. I definitely think he is just a very light buff, but since people want to make his coat out to be more than it really is, I'll play along! :D

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I would say cream (which often has faint facial tabby markings as does "Midas"). Cream can be very pale like Midas is, or a 'hot cream' a pale orange color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts