Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The same little kitty that had kittens a few months ago has had MORE! :?

My neighbor feeds her and lets her in his house. I wish he'd gotten her fixed. I spoke to him tonight and he's going to get her fixed as soon as the kittens are weaned. They moved into my back yard last night.

There are five and they are SOOOO cute! OMGosh!

Here's Mom, who I caught in mid-hiss - the kittens are literally just a blur as they rush to hide behind my washer and dryer outside....

Here are three of the little kittens

A little calico, who has a sweet little face like Cali when she was little

And one of the adorable siamese mixes (I call this one Bandit)

I'll add more as I get them. There's a cute little chocolate point baby, too....

·
Registered
63 Posts
You are very kind to tolerate the mum and bubs.

I love the pic caught in the middle of the HISS.

The kittens are adorable, but then what kittens are not???

I DO hope the neighbour speys the mumma cat.

What happens to the bubs?

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come and get 'em!

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of the last three kittens, one was adopted by a neighbor, one I don't know - could have been adopted, and the last one just disappeared one day. :( My neighbor was so upset, I was SURE he would have had her fixed by now.

I'm back to feeding them wet food every evening. Last time, Miss Kitty would scratch at my back door if I didn't bring food out by a certain time. And then, of course, she would hiss like crazy.

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to try. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a few more pictures

Three buddies

Little hisser behind my dryer

Licking the plate clean

Not a great picture, but all five

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
They are just too adorable! :love2 I just love that little calico...what beautiful colors. And the little guy behind your dryer hissing is just cute. I'm jealous you have these cute little kitties running around. :p

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't be too jealous. When I did my laundry today, the heat from the dryer exhaust filled the house with the smell of hot cat pee from them hiding out there. Ewwwww! :?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Don't be too jealous. When I did my laundry today, the heat from the dryer exhaust filled the house with the smell of hot cat pee from them hiding out there. Ewwwww! :?
Oooooh...ewww. I bet that was...naw, just eww. Thats all I got. :? Cat pee is one of the worst smells...it's just so strong.

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going to keep on feeding them wet food (my neighbor only feeds dry). I spoke to my vet about them. They do free spay and neutering every Tuesday and Wednesday, but only with the Feral Cat Coalition. The FCC has to trap them and bring them in. I understand why, people were bringing in their own cats for the free services to all the TNR places. My vet said if the kittens are eating the wet food, it's safe to TNR the mom right now. I'm not sure what to do about the kittens, I know once they're of age, I can do the same thing with them, but I wish there was an organization who could take them now while they're tiny and tame them and rehome them. I contacted several organizations when the last kittens were in my backyard, and nobody could help. As far as my neighbor and I know, only one of the last kittens made it, and that was one caught by a neighbor and brought into their home.

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They moved out from my backyard about two weeks ago when the heavy rains hit. I figured they went to one of the sheds the Mom used last time.

I talked to my neighbor today, and he said the Mom disappeared over a week ago. The kittens are living under his porch, he feeds them twice a day, wet and dry food. He's going to contact the Feral Cat Coalition to come and trap them and fix them, then he'll probably keep all of them as indoor/outdoor kitties. He thinks a coyote or car got the Mom. :(

He found a little collie mix last week, she got stuck in his fence. He's been walking the neighborhood and hasn't seen any lost & found posters (he doesn't have internet). She's adorable, and is best friends with Max, his Rottie, so he's keeping her. Max is so in love.

So he went from having one dog to now having two dogs and five kittens in the past week.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
My goodness - what a story! So sad about the momma :( , the little ones are so cute, the whole story is just heartbreaking - what a hard life the feral kitties have...Thank goodness for your neighbor. I bet this is not the end of the story just yet....

Fran

1 - 20 of 29 Posts