Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a pet store and the girl that orders all the supplies and food said that either Royal Canin or Nutro (can't remember which) is coming out with a food just for Siamese. The reason is because Siamese have longer jawlines and tend not to chew their food (I know mine doesn't sometimes!)...so this new food is a different shape and it kind of forces them to chew it. Has anyone heard of it? I think they are also coming out with something specifically for Maine Coons.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Maleke: The same thing could be said for a lot of cats, and some owners not just siamese owners, have the concerns about their cats not chewing or rather crunching their dry food, which aids in helping to prevent tooth and gum problems.
Now, there are cat foods out there, where the kibble bits are really small, the cat picks it up, swallows it whole.
The solution has always been "buy a food that has bigger peices so they can no longer get around not chewing."

So in short, this new food coming out, isn't anything "new", or really special, they just want you to think it is. ;) lol

If you buy it good luck with it though!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I believe it's Royal Canin you're talking about. Here's a link to the "siamese food" : http://www.felinebreednutrition.com/siamese.htm

They also have special food for persians and maine coons.

I think Royal Canin is a good brand. I feed my cats RC but be critical when you read about the different kinds of product lines they have. The siamese food might not be very different from their regular product line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts