Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, fellow paw-rents! I have two cats, one a little over a year, one halfway between 9 and 10. I currently have them on a freeze-dried raw diet, but my older cat is a terribly picky eater. (Seriously, when I had her on canned food, she wouldn't eat pate; she won't touch anything that's not fish flavored, and it can't be combined with anything, like no salmon and beef, or no salmon and chicken, it has to be full fish flavored.) Anyway, she's gone off her food (again), and trying to get her to eat right now is just a terrible chore. She's also been seen at the vet recently for a work-up, so I know she's fine health-wise; she's just done this since she was a kitten.

My other cat LOVES her food, she's a little vacuum, so much so that I have to get slow eaters so she doesn't gorge herself and then hack it all up, and she'll eat anything.

Another problem I'm running into is that my financial status has changed, and I'm having a hard time balancing bills, dog food, my food, and the cost of the freeze dried raw I'm feeding my kiddens. I still want a high quality food. I really like the way the freeze dried raw is digested, I like that it gives little pee-ew stink to both stool and urine, and I love the way it really makes their coats shine. If I could, I would stick to the freeze dry raw.

I turn to you for help. How can I find the best quality food, that is fish-flavored, and won't bust the bank? Thank you for your help!

·
Super Moderator
27,174 Posts
My girls won't eat pate, either. And I also have a sort of picky cat and a fur-covered Hoover. I think your best bet is to go on Chewy.com so you can narrow down the seafood choices and compare prices. I'm sure you'll get responses about why an all-fish diet is bad for cats, but sometimes you have to feed your cat what they'll eat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Thank you so much for replying! You're probably right about that; I'd much rather feed a variety, and something a little better for them than seafood. I try to sneak some in her food though, to get her used to the taste, and she won't touch it. Not chicken, turkey, beef, rabbit, lamb, nothing. Gotta feed them what they'll eat for sure!

I'll try Chewy for some research, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
27,174 Posts
When I adopted Cinderella, she was being fed Chicken of the Sea tuna. Yup, people food. It was like trying to get her off crack. It's so frustrating to have picky cats. Sometimes I think, really? You lick your own butt and this cat food doesn't pass muster with you??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts