Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of adding a 'cats needing homes' or something section? Cats In Need, or something? It'd be a good place for petitions also. And it could also help animal shelters... What do you think? Maybe you can come up with a better name

·
Registered
327 Posts
By 'Cats Needing Homes' do you mean that forum users could 'advertise' cats that needed a home? Or would it be a general welfare forum? Either way, I think it's a good idea.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Shirrell, I used to moderate a forum just like that one at another site. Mostly we heard about cats whose owners died and animals who were being abused, or petitions against terrible laws. We would have got some really upset readers if someone wanted to sell a cat to get another animal. Please don't feel hurt; try to understand.

My pets are family. Most animals lovers would move out if told their pets weren't welcome. This is not a personal attack. We just don't understand. I have been both a cat and dog breeder, and I know that if an animal can't finish a championship the breeder has to find a home for it or stop the hobby--because she can't keep every pup or kitten with promise. But I couldn't give up my original pets, so I had to limit my showing to my original animals and their pups and kittens until sold at 12 weeks old. My breeder friends were VERY careful where their former show animals went, and really investigated the people. But I still don't understand how it's possible to keep an animal until adulthood and then sell it or give it away. It's like giving up a family member. Please try to understand how most of our members feel. We just don't understand. It would break our hearts. You have no love for the prospective pup, but you DO love your cat, don't you? I couldn't take it. :( I'm so sorry you feel hurt by our lack of understanding. I wish everyone would have been polite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts