Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've lurked as a guest for awhile. and I'm very attracted to this forum. People seem to be very helpful. We have one indoor kitty; she's the offspring of our feral momma cat. She was abandoned through no fault of her own.
We knew Momcat had a litter somewhere on the property but hadn't found them yet. The guys were clearing an area of weeds & guinea grass when they saw a little white squirmy thing; turned out to be 1 of 4 kittens. Because they didn't know any better they found a plastic tub, put all the kittens in it, & brought them inside. Someone else took them into the barn where Momcat frequented (I wasn't home) and left the tub on its side so she would be able to reach the kittens easier. When I came home there were 2 kittens left. The following morning there was 1 left. My housemate brought it inside. The first thing she did was show it to the dogs, who licked it & tried to take it from her. I put the kitten back outside, thinking Momcat was probably in the process of moving the last 2, but she didn't take this one for hours. Pretty sure she gave up on it. So we brought the kitten back in, nursed it with KMR; did all the cleaning process etc. and she survived. She's now about 15 months old, and she's really sweet. We tried to bring in a littermate who was really friendly but she wouldn't have anything to do with him. So we found him a really good home. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's a dog, since she was raised with 4 bullmastiffs. Her name is Lucky; she's really lucky we brought her in & loved her.

Misc. 005.jpg

Misc. 006.jpg

These are pics of her, hiding in her play tube. I'll try to get better ones tomorrow in the daylight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I know they're unclear. It seems she's a little camera shy. She usually takes off as soon as I pick up the camera. I'll try to get better shots today in the daylight. She's really pretty. But I might be a little prejudiced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts