Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need advice or help on what to do with Taz... Taz is my bf's cat that Im watching for 4 months while the bf goes in training for the air force. I have never had a pet before but I have pet sit for people before especially cat so I have a some what of a experience. Taz moved in (Tennessee) with me beginning of this month and he was in alaska for about 2 months and I think he was in new jersey before. So he has moved alot this year and has gone through some difficult times with his buddy needing to be put down last month because of cancer. Well since he moved here he seemed to be adjusting fine to his temporary home for about 5 days but when my bf left he started to groom himself alot more which I thought was normal since it was a climate change from being in ak to tn. Two days ago, I noticed that his starting to go bald inside his ears in each side. Im guessing its from scratching himself alot in the same spots. His in a excellent health and up to date on all his shots and doctors visits. I am not sure if he is just stressed out from all the different environment his been around this past few months or depressed because his dad left him with me or what. Please help. Im trying not to freak out but I dont want anything to happened to him and I'm starting to get attached to him for just a few weeks his been with me. What can do i do to make him feel at ease or feel comfortable????

·
Registered
62 Posts
Taz might be a little stressed with the change. Talk to him a lot, offer some good food, lots of attention, kisses and hugs, the works!

Can you see inside his ears very well? This condition could be totally unrelated to your boyfriend's leaving. Maybe kitty just needs his ears cleaned?

Just squirt some ear solution in there, massage the ears, and remove what you can see with a Q-tip. If nothing else, the solution will soothe the ears anyway. A cleaning can't hurt anyway!

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank u so much. I will do all the things listed. Just new to all this but I'm sure I will get the hang of it. I will keep will definitely update here to see his progress with the new change and the balding =(. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Also try looking into Feliway. They have a plug in that really makes all the difference for my big boy.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Definitely give him TLC... it sounds like the poor boy is having a rough few months. I'd also look to see if he's just grooming his ears or if he's scratching them... if he's scratching, he could have ear mites. They aren't life threatening or anything, but are unpleasant for kitties to deal with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts