Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So okay, heres the story. My name is Kevin and I personally have a male cat who has lived in my home since he was 6 months old. Hes a very chill kind of cat, and tends to typically get alone with other animals. However, he has never met another cat. Now, the girl that I have been spending time with, has a female Sphynx who is around 3 or 4 years old. She lives alone in a home, with no other animals. Let me put this out there, that this cat doesnt really get along with anyone other than her owner, and her female friend. I have been seeing this girl now for a couple months, and on the nights when she is going to be spending the nights at my house, she puts her cat in a carrier that loads from the top, and transports her to my house. My cat will spend the time that the other cat is here, in a room downstairs where his litter box, food and water reside. Now my cat is quite content down there, and doesnt give much more than a few suttle meows on occasion. Theres no animosity with him and I at all. The problem is not him, I just want to set the picture. Now her cat when she comes over, is very timid. Shes scared of alot, but sometimes lets herself get close to me, but I keep it simple with her. She will hiss at me at the drop of a hat, and most anyone else for that matter. Now, just recently, when this girl I am seeing is trying to put her in the carrier, the cat now FREAKS! She will scream, hiss, fight, whatever, to her owner (the girl im seeing). She does this here at my home, and at her home as well. So I dont think its so much of her knowing shes coming here, versus traveling or whatever. My question is, is this too much on her cat? Should she consider not traveling with the cat on a weekly basis? Does the cat get motion sickness, is it getting anxiety, I dunno. Because the girl im seeing is starting to get fed up with the cat being this way. Hiding under the bed, and being so tough with trying to get her into the carrier. Any comments, suggestions, or questions to further understand, are all welcome. I appreciate anything anyone has to offer.

Thank you in advance!
Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Moving locations is REALLY stressful for a cat. Changing territory is pretty much the biggest stress you can throw at a cat, and even the mellowest feline can get shook up. Is there any way your lady friend can leave the cat at home and have someone check in from time to time? It won't get less stressful to the cat the more she moves it.
Travelling with your cat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts