Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a kitten today not sure on a name yet.It has been a very long time since i have had a cat and thought i would join a forum.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Welcome!

Your kitten is adorable!!!! Boy or girl?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Very cute kitten! How did you get your kitty? Did you decide to go get a kitten or did your kitten decide to get you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a girl and she is 7 weeks old.I have wanted a cat for awhile now but my husband was totally against it so we ended up with 2 dogs.Recently i had my 4th miscarriage in a row and he finally gave it and let me get one.My animals are my babies and it helps take my mind off of things.I found her on craigslist and fell in love with her she has the prettiest blue eyes and is so loving and playful.If anyone has any tips on how to introduce her to my very hyper dogs it will be appreciated they have only ever been around 1 cat for 2 weeks and didn't really bother her.

·
Registered
11 Posts
VERY cute kitten! I tried to post a picture of mine also but it gave me an error message.
I just adopted a little blind kitten today and he is wonderful! Congrats on yours :)

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
danniwhit said:
VERY cute kitten! I tried to post a picture of mine also but it gave me an error message.
I just adopted a little blind kitten today and he is wonderful! Congrats on yours :)
Use Photo Bucket and link. I'd love to see a picture of your blind kitten and hear regular report of how it is getting on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This may seem like a stupid question but the only cat i have ever had is 15 years old now but at what age do kittens get shots.A lot of things i have read has given me different answers.Im going to be taking her to the vet in the next week just want to know in advance.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Every vet is different and they also vary according to state laws.

This is from my vet's website (California). The shots also vary depending on whether your cat is allowed outside.

First Visit (8 weeks old)

•Examination
•FVRCP Vaccine (Feline viral rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia) #1
•Deworming #1
•Fecal Examination
•FeLV/FIV test

Second Visit (12 weeks old)

•FVRCP Vaccine #2
•FeLV Vaccine #1
•Deworming #1

Third Visit (16 weeks old)

•FVRCP Vaccine #3
•FeLV Vaccine #2
•Rabies Vaccine

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about the losses, I've had 4 myself and I know how much having a furry companion can take your mind off of things. Rosalie came about because I had insane baby fever so DH (who's still on the "no" side of the fence, lol) said I could get one.. Zoey came around because I saw her and she just totally drew me in. Congrats on the new baby, she's adorable!

·
Registered
550 Posts
She looks adorable! I can't wait to see more pics and hear what name she is given! Congratulations!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts