Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm obviously new to these forums. I joined since this seemed like a good place to get some cat advice.

I'm a fairly new cat owner. I recently adopted 2 lynx point siamese cats (one 8 months and one 5 months) named Apollo and Athena.

I'd been a dog person most of my life and used to be nervous around cats (we had a cranky adopted stray when I was a baby who was not fond of me), but these guys have completely turned my opinion around. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! I love the names you've chosen for your kitties! We'd love to see some pics when you have your full posting priviledges. My Sidonie is a lynx point also. :)
Thanks! My boyfriend and I are fans of Battlestar Galactica, and I love Greek mythology, so that's how we arrived at the names.

And here are some pics!

Apollo:

Athena:

And the two of them together:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! My favorite thing about them appearance-wise has been watching their markings come in as they get older. Lynx points are such fun because they're surprise kitties!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Thanks! My favorite thing about them appearance-wise has been watching their markings come in as they get older. Lynx points are such fun because they're surprise kitties!
I know what you mean. My Muffin is a blue bi-color Ragdoll and she won't get to her final mature coloring until she's at least three years old. I recently posted two pictures of her...one taken the day I adopted her (at 11 weeks) and the other taken about a week ago (she's now 20 months). Her color has changed so much, she looks like two different cats! Here is the link to that post, if you're interested in seeing how different the markings can be: http://www.catforum.com/forum/36-cat-chat/137639-questions-about-our-kitten.html#post708613

So, take lots of pictures as they're growing up!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know what you mean. My Muffin is a blue bi-color Ragdoll and she won't get to her final mature coloring until she's at least three years old. I recently posted two pictures of her...one taken the day I adopted her (at 11 weeks) and the other taken about a week ago (she's now 20 months). Her color has changed so much, she looks like two different cats! Here is the link to that post, if you're interested in seeing how different the markings can be: http://www.catforum.com/forum/36-cat-chat/137639-questions-about-our-kitten.html#post708613

So, take lots of pictures as they're growing up!
Wow, that is quite a dramatic change!

I need to take more photos. Athena's markings are darkening pretty fast!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It's funny you say this; I just noticed this afternoon that Simone, my 5.5 month old flame colored lynx point, has some very faint red stripes coming in on his legs, but the tips of his paws are still white!

Welcome to the forum by the way!! :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gorgeous kitties! I love Apollo's black tail. Umm, and I also LOVE your comforter and bed set (Interior Design junkie here). Where did you get it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts