Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've signed up a month or so ago.. but finally decided to introduce myself and my babies.

I am Karen, and a proud Meowmy of two beautiful kitties.

The tuxedo is Monet.. he'll be 3 in March and he's the love of my life and my first ever cat. I adopted him because I was lonely living on my own and really could not have any other pets in my apartment. I've always said he saved my life for various reasons :heart:

We are buddies for life.

The white tabby is Picasso (AKA Cassie). I've adopted her because I've heard she's hearing impaired (like me).. but turns out she's not! But that's ok, I still love her beautiful face! She'll be a year in March.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't stop looking at your tuxedo cat, I love them! I had a tuxedo cat (RIP Lucky) and he was so affectionate. It looks like yours is too :)

Thank you for the words. Monet is truly my baby.. I have NO idea what I'd do without him and I hate to even think about it. I never thought love was possible until I brought him home. I walked into a shelter on Memorial day 2009.. he was the only kitten available for adoption.. no one wanted him because he was just too LOUD and noisy, according to the potential adopters. That's good, because then I would never have had met him. One look at him, and I didn't even want to look in another shelter for more options.. he was the first kitten I saw, loved and took him home. He isn't a fan of other people, he's just very happy to have me and no one else in the household.

With Cassie.. I wanted another cat. I was set on adopting an older cat, or at least one close to Monet's age (2-3 years old) and deaf. I really wanted a deaf cat. a cat that I could relate to since I am hearing impaired. I searched pet finder half-heartedly, looked at cats in the pet stores.. until early august 2011, someone told me about a white hearing-impaired cat as they knew I was looking for one. I took a ride to see her in Petland.. and I knew she was for me. Sure, I was a bit disappointed to find out she's not hearing impaired after all, maybe my disappointment more that I was falsely led on just so they can get a kitten adopted? I don't know.. but you know what.. Cassie is the greatest, well behaved kitten ever! I've never heard a cat purr as loud as her with the quietest meows! She is so bonded with me that I can't even blow dry my hair without her rubbing her face in mine, lol.

I am getting a bit carried away with talking about my cats.. no one really understands my affection for them and I am sure everyone here can relate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.