Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to be able to browse these forums freely, so joined up.

Within the last several months I adopted one kitten from the SPCA, and a week later went back to get him a buddy. The cats have recently turned a year old. They are like brothers from another mother, and I have adjusted to the many charms of cats, after having dogs exclusively for many years. I actually go back and forth on adopting a third homeless cat, but get nervous about changing the great dynamic.

Glad to have this forum as a resource!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You sound like a lot of us, who would love to have another cat but are afraid of what behavioral or personality changes would happen if you did. My Murphy is a "must be an only cat" as advertised by the SPCA. Even in my moments of thinking about having another cat, I know I couldn't bear the thought of Murphy becoming less lovable or more stressed because we did that. The boy just wants all the attention to himself, that's all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I wanted to be able to browse these forums freely, so joined up.

Within the last several months I adopted one kitten from the SPCA, and a week later went back to get him a buddy. The cats have recently turned a year old. They are like brothers from another mother, and I have adjusted to the many charms of cats, after having dogs exclusively for many years. I actually go back and forth on adopting a third homeless cat, but get nervous about changing the great dynamic.

Glad to have this forum as a resource!
I think I'm like you, Kaikoura: a cat newcomer who finds these little critters endlessly fascinating. I'm on a particularly steep learning curve, having adopted two one-year-old girls at once. When I got them from the shelter I was told they were great mates/peas in a pod. No way. In every respect, these cats are poles apart. One was an adventurer keen to learn everything about landline and marine PNG life//. I wouldn't have them any other way. Too close is boring. Feline life is a daily adventure in my place.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome to the forum! I'm sure I will enjoy my time here.

Yes, exactly. Having two has been so much fun for me (and the cats), but there are so many unknowns in adding a new cat to their territory.

I also have two very different personalities to consider: my creme tabby is a terrier dog in a cat's body, and my medium-haired black cat is much more of a gentleman, and traditional cat. Luckily they are both very good-natured, social cats, and find ways to complement one another.

I haven't ruled out a third completely, but yes, I don't want to jeopardize the relatively peaceful and issue-free little family we have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts