Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and I'm new to owning a kitten. We brought Duma home just over a week ago. He was 12 weeks old at the time.
He's a purebred Ocicat. Anyone else here have an Ocicat?
He has been an absolute delight. We've had no problems with him at all, which amazes me, considering he's a baby coming into a new home. But everything I've read about Ocicats seems to be true. He's simply the most wonderful little guy. He has become my lap kitty and is a delight to me.
I found this forum because I was looking for advice on kitty litter. I'm glad I found this site.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hi there, Mom of Duma! I'm glad you're here! Where did you come up with the name Duma? It's very unusual. It seems like it would fit an ocicat very well. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duma

Hi, and thanks for writing back!
I figured that an African name would be appropriate for Duma, since he's an Ocicat, and Ocicats are spotted like leopards or cheetahs. So I went online and searched Swahili-English Dictionaries for suitable sounding names. "Duma" means "Cheetah", and it just seemed to fit!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
They do look like little cheetahs! I can't wait to see some pictures. Assuming, of course, that you'll post pictures for us. We *love* pictures. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome!
I posted a reply a little while ago, stating that I'd like to include photos in my posts the way you all do, but I haven't figured out how yet. For some reason, that post didn't show up.

Thanks again for welcoming me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
getting the hang of this

Ok, thanks for the advice on the photo! Now I just have to figure out why it's showing up twice....

·
Registered
78 Posts

I just love ocicats!! ( especially the grey/silver ones, like the egyptian Mau, but the personality/character of the ocicat is much nicer!!)
And duma is just gorgeous!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome

What a beautiful kitty? Your kitty will bring you so much happiness. I know after being a cat FANatic only in the last 8 years, I learned what the word "compassion" really means.

MA of BOKAHA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts