Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and I'm new to owning a kitten. We brought Duma home just over a week ago. He was 12 weeks old at the time.
He's a purebred Ocicat. Anyone else here have an Ocicat?
He has been an absolute delight. We've had no problems with him at all, which amazes me, considering he's a baby coming into a new home. But everything I've read about Ocicats seems to be true. He's simply the most wonderful little guy. He has become my lap kitty and is a delight to me.
I found this forum because I was looking for advice on kitty litter. I'm glad I found this site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duma

Hi, and thanks for writing back!
I figured that an African name would be appropriate for Duma, since he's an Ocicat, and Ocicats are spotted like leopards or cheetahs. So I went online and searched Swahili-English Dictionaries for suitable sounding names. "Duma" means "Cheetah", and it just seemed to fit!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome!
I posted a reply a little while ago, stating that I'd like to include photos in my posts the way you all do, but I haven't figured out how yet. For some reason, that post didn't show up.

Thanks again for welcoming me.

·
Registered
78 Posts

I just love ocicats!! ( especially the grey/silver ones, like the egyptian Mau, but the personality/character of the ocicat is much nicer!!)
And duma is just gorgeous!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Welcome

What a beautiful kitty? Your kitty will bring you so much happiness. I know after being a cat FANatic only in the last 8 years, I learned what the word "compassion" really means.

MA of BOKAHA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.