Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help meeeeeeeee ...

bobs decided he likes to go mad digging the litter tray for no reason he dosent even go the loo, the result being a room filled with bits of cat litter that trash the vacume :(

he used to dig the litter tray but only for a poo and then hed put the cat litter back buerying it.

can anyone give me advice on how to make him stop :(

Richard

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
We has the same problem with Magnum and tried tons of things before he stopped... turns out he didn't like the lid on the litter box nor the litter we were using (although keeping that newspaper litter clean takes a lot more work - it saves the vacuum)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... i give in five times in a row ... clean the tray (with just water) add the cat litter (same hes always had) leave the room *crazy cat noises* ... as ime out of litter he can have just a tray untill tomarow :x its 9pm and everywheres closed so ime not just being evil ...

Richard

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope but ile get one thanks for the link :)

but he digs out every last lil bit of litter its not just a hole to hide "what hes done"

:(

Richard

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Part of the problem maybe that because he's a kitten he doesn't know how to cover his "stuff" properly. It took my kitten at least a month to figure out that she's actually supposed to COVER the mess and not just kick the litter all over the place. She'd end up kicking everything around and still manage to NOT cover what she should be.

How old is Bob again?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have bought goodness knows how many litter boxes in Cleveland's 1 year of life. Many were to stop him pooping in the sink :oops: I've found the best box to stop him kicking stuff everywhere and not be Captian poopy is in fact not a litter box but jut a big, deep plastic tub. It taked a fair bit of litter to fill but he loves being able to dig and the high sides stop it flying everywhere and becasue he has to jump out of it, the litter comes off his paws too. And it only cost 96pence compaired to the £26 I paid for the fancy one he hardly put one paw in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts