Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new cat and I am very unsure of her age.
I cant tell if she is 6/8 months old or just a petite adult.
Her teeth have some yellowing. She has some scars on her face and
her paw pads are not in the best condition as she was a stray.
I do not know her well enough yet to look for a spay scar on her belly.
She is funny and very much the growling little monster when she does
not approve of something...so I will have to wait for some bonding to happen before I look at her tummy.

I have not named her yet...I will post a pic soon.
She is a Grey Tabby / Siamese mix. Very darling little lady!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I can't wait for pictures... I would say if there is some yellowing she might be a young adult. Your vet should be able to give a pretty accurate guess.

She seems in a bit of rough shape, take lots of pictures... you'll be amazed by the transformation. I think it took a little over a year for Punky to fully 'recover' from the hard life on the streets. Little things keep getting better and better with her, I still notice small improvements even to this day.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kitkat.....
This litle cat....we are calling her Mi'Mi', Little Miss, Mi'Mosa... :D

Anyways, I got a call from a friend of mine...another friend of hers lives in a mobile home park and this cat came scratching at her door.
Mi'Mi' was wearing a very tight collar, she also has some scars and so forth. So she must have been out alone for a while.
They tried to locate the owners by calling the local animal shelter and asking the neighbors in the mobile home park. Her husband told her she could not keep the cat....so 'just my luck' this phone call came my way.

That is how I got my Little Miss. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope I was a good girl this year......
Maybe Santa is going to bring me a new digital camera....

heheeeee...I will try to get a pic with my old one today. :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here she is...You can tell she is still nervous in her new surroundings.
But she is doing very very well! :D

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
What a little darling. Poor baby about her collar -- she probably had that put on when she was a kitten. Just thinking of what might have happened if she got bigger makes me so sad, and happy you rescued her. I absolutely LOVE the lynx points that come from a siamese mix. Looks like she already loves the cat shelves, and I saw the picture of her in the hammock you made. What a great home you've given her. :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ForJazz....I am so glad you posted in here.
First of all....Awe Thanks :oops:
I wanted to tell you that last night she slept with me...
I am thrilled...she had slept by my feet before...but lastnight she actually slept with me....right by my face. My back hurts today because once she got herself comfortable...I didnt want to move...LMAO! :lol:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
BoscosMum said:
I am thrilled...she had slept by my feet before...but lastnight she actually slept with me....right by my face. My back hurts today because once she got herself comfortable...I didnt want to move...LMAO! :lol:
That is so sweet! She must feel so comfortable with you and at the new place. She is a lucky kitten! :)

Dunga does it too (sleeps next to me) and I'm like you - I don't want to move and then all my body hurts. LOL

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
BoscosMum said:
I actually went LOOKING for it...I had to dig through pages of your posts to find it. lol.

Wow -- sleeping with you is a big deal. That is so great. I know she'll warm up even more -- the life you gave her is such a blessing for her and I bet she's grateful. It just takes those toughies a little longer to come around and trust again. I DEFintely know what it's like to have a sore back, or have my legs fall asleep, or have a terrible crick in my neck because I don't want to move a kitty. That's love. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts