Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new to this site. Hubby and I just got 2 new kittens about 2 weeks ago. they are both female sisters Lexie and Lulu. the are medium haired black kittens. They are 3 months old, we got the from a local animal rescue. The animal rescue has already spayed them and they had their first shots and were dewormed and tested for other diseas. I was told that they don't release them until they have a clean bill of health. Anyways I took the girls in yesterday because their paperwork said they need a booster shot. My vet wasn't there, but the fill in vet said the Lexie has a level 4 heart murmur and I am really scared. We recently lost our cat Bailey from a stroke so this is really scaring me. A cat cardiologist is going to come in to ultrasound her and they'll call me to set it up. I have called their foster mom from the rescue organization and she is really upset too, they don't know how the vet at the humane society that they work with missed it. she was able to get a hold of someone at the humane society that told her that they see too many animals and aren't responsible. She is trying to get a hold of the directors but since this just happened yesterday I probably won't get some answers yet. She did offer to take Lexie back and switch her with her sister Lady, but I don't want to do that, I love her and her and Lulu are really bonded. I am so scarred that she will die and I'm not trying to sound callous but I'm also worried about how much this will cost me, since some websites are saying that the ultra sound could cost from $ 300-700. I've always had older cats so kittens are new to me.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top