Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!
I am new to this forum and am seeking advice on two situations with our new kitten.
Abby is my rescue ferrel. During a T and R I was doing two summers ago, we humanized two litters and were able to adopt them out. One was very sick and we were able to save her life. Needless to say, we just couldn't give her up, she is the most loving cat I have ever encountered.
A few weeks ago, we adopted Pete.
During the introduction process, we had them seperated (as suggested) and were enjoying the bonding process with Pete. After the final stage of the integration process, Abby has completely accepted Pete. She plays with him, sleeps near/with him, cleans him etc.
Now, Pete no longer likes to be held and our bonding has declined. He has also started "nursing" her! What should we do? We do not want an adult cat nursing the other.
Hopefully some of you will have already been through similar situations and can help a confused cat owner.
Thank you for your time!
Two Tuxedos

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cat Twinkie used to like being held but as he grew up, he doesn't like to be held in my lap anymore at all. Maybe because you have another cat that they don't need you as much....just a thought 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts