Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just adopted my second cat this evening. I was not looking or even wanted another pet but I felt a instant connection to her. We have named her Nyx w/ her nickname being Nixie :) She IS a kitten only 16 weeks, but is extremely shy and was not properly handled/cared for by her owner that surrendered her. She has been at the rescue for 2 months and I was the only person that showed interest in her in all that time. As recommended I have her set up in my large bathroom, and was told to leave her in there for 4-5 days so she will feel safe and can start scenting my other cat Stellaluna through the door. I will be calling the vet in the morning to set up a homecoming checkup hopefully for today or tomorrow. We have a very quiet household, both me and my mother are on disability and we have a small elderly terrier and my kitty Stella is going to be 5 this coming year. They thought we would be the perfect stable home for her. Since I only ever had Stellaluna, any advice you guys/gals have about introducing Nyx comfortably into the household or can share your expirence I would greatly appreciate it :)
P.S. will post pic of both kitties as soon as I can. :2kitties

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats on your new kitten and thank you for rescuing a little one nobody else wanted. I hope things are going well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts