Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I got a new kitten almost 2 weeks ago. She should be 11 weeks on Sunday however when I took her to the vet they are convinced she is much younger than the breeder told me due to her and size. I didn’t know how big she should be as I’ve never had a young kitten!
Anyway, she is a cream British shorthair and I can see her eyes changing to orange but she still has a lot of blue in them. It was my understanding that at 11 weeks their eyes would usually be their adult colour. Could this indicate that she is younger than the breeder said?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Possibly, she's younger than breeder told you. Was breeder a BYB (back yard breeder)? or registered with a legitimate cat association, such as CFA=Cat Fanciers Assoc., TICA -The Internatinal Cat Assoc., CCA=Canadian Cat Assoc. If she is a registered breeder you should have received her Cat Registration Application at the time of sale. If the seller does not have this she is not a purebred registered kitten. Most registered breeders do not let their kittens go until they're 3 mos.or so old, and have had their shots. By that age kittens are more socialized to people, other pets, etc. because they have learned how to react, read cat body language/sounds thro being kept with their momacat and litter mates during that crucial socialization period, when they learn control of their bite and claws and how to behave with other pets, and peoplewhen being handled, etc. This socialization period starts at birth and extends to 3 mos+. of age

1 - 2 of 2 Posts