Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parents back yard colony has produced some new poly kittens, yeti's mom has a litter and his older sister had hers two weeks ago, two of her litter of three are 7,7,5,5, poly's the 7 toes on the front feet are very impressive looking, a black and a brown tiger..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
on friday, we found were yeti's mom has her kittens, she has four but we didn't get a good look at them, she is very protective when they are small..PS some of these poly's will need homes..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sooo cute. I've got a poly too, though not as impressive as the ones you describe, Fritz just has big usable thumbs. How many poly cats do you have?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for poly's we just have yeti(6,6,7,7,), my sister has anni who is from the litter before yeti(anni is 6,6,6,6, poly) my parents who started all this when a little poly female started living under their deck, have her (yetis and annis mom)anni's sister (mom to the kittens above) my folks have done well finding homes for these special cats, the poly gene in this group is both front and rear foot, if one of these new kittens would of had yeti's 7 toed rear feet it would have tied the records...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, amazing. So Anni has 24 and Yeti 26(!). Incredible. I've seen lots of polys around here in my time, but then I live in Halifax and it's an eastern port. When I was younger I had one with 7 toes on one paw and 8 on the other.

So are you intentionally attempting to breed polys? Is it a program?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no this isn't a planned breeding program, my parents are getting up in years(so am I!!) its just another thing that keeps them busy and active , last years farmers market "we have some great rasberries and kittens with funny feet", yeti's sister was also one of blue eyed monsters she is a 6,6,6,6 and belong to the neice of my folks next door neighbor..

·
Registered
13 Posts
"we have some great rasberries and kittens with funny feet" :mrgreen:

The 6 fours, that's pretty neat. I'm not running a program myself but there was so much interest in Fritz among my family, friends and coworkers that I've been persuaded to hold off on getting him neutered.

I'd love to see some picks of the new kittens of yours. :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts