Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a few weeks after I lost my wonderful cat of 14 years.
that I decided to go to my local Humane Society "browse." I met a little orange tabby kitten who really captivated me. He had this way of putting his head down and looking up that was so precocious I was smitten quickly.

I was conflicted though. I thought it might be too soon to adopt another cat. I was afraid that if I got a new cat too soon it would mean that I loved Babette less.
But after a long talk with my mom about how sad I was over not having a cat in the house (I literally made up every excuse I could to not go home to an empty house - slept over at friends, worked late, worked in cafes etc.) and torn up about this little stray kitten. Samson was found as a stray with no other family and had been there for more than a week with lots of interest but no takers. My mom told me clearly that I should go get him because my heart had already made up my mind.

So I called the HS about him only to find out that he was being looked at by someone else and to call back. I did, and they said he was being adopted, but if I wanted to double check to call back in half an hour. I started driving over there even not knowing if he'd be mine or not - I'm not a religious person at all, but I actually prayed that he would go to the right home even if it wasn't mine. I called again when I was on the road and the family decided not to take him! The volunteer on the phone immediately pulled his paperwork and put it with mine.

I got there and knew that he'd have to have a friend to keep him company. There was a family of black and white cats with two little girls that were almost all black. I took them both out and played with them. I eventually chose the one that chased her sister all over the room! She's a real beauty with an adorable face - mostly black with some tiger stripes and a few random white hairs. When she went for her first check up the vet oohed and ahhed over her so much that a vet tech came and asked to have a look :)

So, I joined this forum a few weeks ago when I brought them home. I was in search of name ideas for my new kittens....
they have since become Samson and Delilah... but I'm finding that this forum is a great place for ideas and help of all sorts. :)

So... meet my kitties...
Here is Samson:

And here is Delilah:

(She is VERY dark so it's hard to get good pictures of her because she just looks like a big black fuzz ball - no definition!)

They also get to hear a good deal about their "older sister" Babette:

·
Super Moderator
26,584 Posts
Oh my! Who wouldn't fall in love with Sampson! :luv

And Delilah is de-lovely, too!

Looking forward to hearing about all of your cats, past and present. :D

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Samson and Delilah are so cute! I am sorry that you lost your Babette, but so glad that you could open your heart up again to the new ones.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
It was a few weeks after I lost my wonderful cat of 14 years.
that I decided to go to my local Humane Society "browse."

Yeah, I tried 'just browsing' once. I lasted less than 10 minutes.

Luckily they turned me down because I didnt have Fay's rabies vaccine papers. When I went to get those my Vet gave me a cat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave_ph said:
Yeah, I tried 'just browsing' once. I lasted less than 10 minutes.
Ha! Yep, my aunt said the same thing to me... never go look at cats unless you are serious about taking one home :)

I don't know why the pictures came out so small. I can try again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's trying again with bigger pictures:
Samson

Delilah

Babette

Here is an extra one (a little fuzzy because it's from my phone) of the "look" that Samson gave me :)

Sorry, I don't know how to make them clickable to something larger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts