Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm Megan and thought it be nice to join a cat forum as I have 2 new kittens in the house. Last week me and my roommate each adopted a kitten from our local animal control. (it was heartbreaking having to decide on one when I wanted to help them all) I will post pics on them later. Besides the kittens I also have a dog that my parents adopted for me when I was 6 turning 7 (been together going on 13 years now) and 4 rats.

I joined mostly cause to see others peoples pets and chat with other animal lovers, but also because my roommates kitten doesn't seem quite normal and I have some questions about him.

Anywho I ll post about that stuff in the correct place

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi!:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unfortunately my roommates kitten has passed away this morning. we only had him for a week but at least his passed here comfortable and loved and not at the pound.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Welcome!
I'm sorry to hear about your roomate's kitten! As you said, at least he had some love in his life.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you and he was very loved and spoiled while he was here. Its a bittersweet moment though as my roomie has rescued another kitten from the shelter, so we were able to save another.

·
Registered
716 Posts
do you know what happened to the kitten? how old was s/he?

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
That's so sad about your roommate's kitten. It may be something you never really understand.

But welcome to the forum. Let us know about the new kitten!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have no idea. He had been eating, drinking and using the litter box normally.I had some questions about him and a possible mental retardation or something. His eyes weren't very focused the whole time we had him, he played a lil bit but not much and we figured it might just be his personality as he seemed most content being held or sitting on someone.We were fixing on taking him to the vet in the next few days but when I woke up this morning I found him already gone.

We took him back to the animal control center ( our adoption papers stated to do that if it happened with in the first 7 days..this was the 7th day we had him) They just took him away and didn't tell us anything :(

But now we have a new little kitty. He has a nice full kitten belly, is alert and active and much more like my kitty.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear about your roommate's kitten. Thank you for providing him with love the final days of his life. It's sad when they fade away so fast. Also thanks for adopting two others. Post pictures when you get the chance.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Aw thats so sad. Sorry you and your roomate had to go through that. But as everyone has already said, at least he had his last moments in a good home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts