Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! One of outdoor strays had kittens a couple weeks back, and is just now bringing them up to house for us to see!

Here are some of a previous litter! All these cats need homes, so if anyone is in the South Carolina area and thinks they could give one of them a good home, contact me!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
You really should try to catch the female and get her spayed, as you already know from her being a stray there are enough cats without homes and being put to sleep.

Cute kittens btw

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Please get her spayed -- it is unhealthy for her to be unaltered -- she has a greater chance of getting mammary or ovarian cancer as she is. I'm sure you don't want that for her. And overpopulation is a serious problem. :(

What a gorgeous cat in the last picture. <333

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol :lol: , I can't even afford to get my own cats spayed, let alone all the strays in the neighborhood. Thanks for the concern though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Samantha said:
lol :lol: , I can't even afford to get my own cats spayed, let alone all the strays in the neighborhood. Thanks for the concern though.
Those are some precious baby kitties!!!!

About the spaying, you should look for low cost spay/nueter programs in your area. Or catch, fix and release programs. Many communites have these programs that will alter cats for a minimal amount.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Samantha said:
lol :lol: , I can't even afford to get my own cats spayed
8O I don't think anyone here will think that is funny...and I hope you don't either. Cats come with lots of expenses. If you can't afford to pay them, then you are putting your cat at risk. Unaltered animals have a much greater chance of getting reproductive cancer. Doesn't this bother you? And all it takes is for your cats to get outside ONCE, and get pregnant or impregnate another cat. Then YOU become part of the overpopulation problem caused by irresponsible pet owners.

There are cheap places to get it done all over the place -- sometimes for free if you can't afford it. If you love your cats, please look into this. I'm just saying this because every responsible cat owner should know it, and I think it's really sad and unfortunate when they don't.

As for "all the cats in the neighborhood," there are catch, alter, and release programs all over too. You don't have to pay a thing. Your humane society might do it, or take the cats in if they aren't feral. It's only a phone call. I hope someone will care enough to do this in your area if strays are such a problem.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
The kitties are so cute and I love that pic of the kitten with the sprawled out legs. Hope you're able to get your own cats spayed soon as well. Good luck :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts