Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took in a stray, who turned out to be prgnant. She had 5 kittens, who are now almost 5 wks old. I have gotten two of them to eat a bit of wet kitten food, but the other three show no interest. Anyone have any tips? I also wondered if anyone had any suggestions on litter training, as I have heard several different stories.
Any advice would be a great help. :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hello Danni - as for litter training the kitties use the non-clumping kind since we are talking babies here...then just put the kitten in the middle of the box and show him digging with your fingers and he will know that is where the buisness is done :wink: I am still amazed of how quickly they learn. The maller the space they have available ( with bedding, eating area and potty included) the less chances of accidents ..so once you will be off to a good start they will continue that way.
I am extremely tired and it is late - I am not sure weather you are fostering or the kittens are still nursing? When I fostered kittens the age that yours are I mixed a little bit of KMR formula with kitten food - gradually using less and less of the other
Post pictures and let us know how the babies are doing :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are still nursing a bit. I've gotten them to start eating a bit of adult wet cat food, but they won't go near the different kinds of kitten food I've tried. Do you know if they get all the nutrients and stuff they need out of the adult wet food? Thanks for the advice on litter training, they are starting to use it a bit. I'll get pics up if I can. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts