Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new kitty is here and I got to choose which black kitty I wanted to foster out of seven that were in the car. He seemed to be the friendly one the others either were hissy or growling but this guy was looking around his carrier and didn't utter a sound.

He'll only be here for a week or two until his owner gets a home June 1st and then he goes back to her as do the other 24 cats.

Doesn't have a name, as the woman didn't give out the names of the cats so I guess I'll need to come up with something to call him (actually we're not even sure it's a male or fixed lol, have to check that once kitty settles down some. So far so good, ignores Drifter, Bosco and Reyna have checked him out and moved on and he's now hiding under the little ledge of the kitchen cabinets.

Any name ideas?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Poor lil skeerty-cat fella, hope he starts to feel more comfortable soon!

I think he is a Loki...but really that's just *asking* for trouble...

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Wow - he's a gorgeous kitty - he could be Cleo's exact twin. :D

In fact, you could call him Cleo. :D

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
I had a foster that was an all black kitty. I named him Luna- toons. Called him luna for short. He was one smart kitty! I cat sit another kitty named Luna and we call her Luna-tuna! Shes a sweet petite little girl.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

A couple more after he finally came out of the kitchen and into the living room. He's now sleeping in Reyna's box with the towel covering his head. You can see the box I'm talking about in the second picture in the top left hand corner, Reyna is peeking out of it. I'm sure all the fireworks aren't making him any better. :( Poor guy, as much as he hides though and tries to scurry away from you you can pick him up without a fuss and he jsut goes limp.

Ohh Cole might work, I haven't met a cat with that name yet. :) I don't think he'd like it very much if I called him Cleo, Marie. Unless he is really she. :?: I should really check to see what "it" is but I don't want to scare the poor thing any more then it already is. He's the only one from the house who was split up alone and I kinda feel bad, the other cats were split up in groups to different foster homes.

ETA: Luna-tuna and Luna-toons, how cute is that!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
His owner, was kicked out of her home. She has a new place lined up for the first of June, I don't know the whole story but thats the jist of it. She's an older woman who's lives by herself with just her cats for company, she owns all 25 of the cats. She didn't have anywhere to put them until she got her new place so the humane socitey stepped in and said they would care for her cats until she was in her new place. They aren't going to take them from her as they are well cared for despite having so many and very little money. She cried over each cat as she placed them in their carriers and told them she'd see them again very soon and to be good. She also let everyone know that she wanted them back and we couldn't keep them. :) It was in good humor though as she knows we'll give them back and knows several people that work for the shelter. Very nice woman just a shame that she's all alone during this. I'm sure she has family somewhere that care about her, it's depressing to think about so I can't imagine what she feels.

I like Black Beauty too, could call him BB for short just wish I knew his real name.

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Lisa Im sure he is feeling your love and concern. He or She will get much more attention from being split up and being with you. Sad story about the woman. I hope this has a happy ending for her. She is very fortunate that everyone stepped in to help her. Most people would be forced to release the kitties and would never see them again. That would be heart wrenching. What a sweet looking kitty. Black kitties are always so smart.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mr. Kitty aka box cat aka shadow cat has left the safety of the empty litter boxes in the basement. I managed to get him out of two and then he went and hid in the christmas tree box. :roll: Silly boy, but green is his color.
Got him out of that box and then he to a little ledge we have in the basement beside the stairs. None of the other cats have ever been able to get up to it, either that or they just don't want to. Well he got up there and as he was tucked away I noticed a large hole! If he'd gone through that hole he'd be in the floor or in a wall! Not good so I managed to get him off the ledge and stuck a package of toliet paper up in the ledge so he can't get up there again and its also covering the hole.

He's now upstairs in the computer room with me chilling in the cat tree. he's is for sure a male and fixed thank goodness. I've been trying out a few names that were suggested here for him and I think Cole really fits him, he also looked towards me when I was trying it out. :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm worried about Cole.
He shakes whenever you touch him.
Since around noon yesterday when I brought him up stairs and put him in the cat tree he he hasn't moved. He stayed in that cat tree until 11pm when I went to bed.
He hasn't eaten any of the food I've left out for him since he came here, I'm not sure if he's been drinking, it's hard to tell but I know he hasn't eaten anything since coming.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Cole is supposed to be leaving this wednesday.
He still hasn't come out of hiding despite the hours each day I've spent in the basement petting and cooing to him. Poor guy must really be upset with all of this, then again I was told that allot of her cats weren't socialized very well, how can you really with 25 cats running around, some fixed some not, so new babies are here and there.
He also still hasn't eaten a thing despite my offerings of all sorts of stinky and yummy smelling goodies.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
do you know if there have been arrangements to spay/neuter the intact cats before returning them to the woman? The situation is sad, but will very quickly become out of control if they are left to continue reproducing.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The've been working with her for awhile about fixing them all, and she's slowly getting them all done. Thats why she went to them when she was kicked out of her apartment to ask them to hold them. Some of the males went in to be fixed and boarded at the vets. It takes her awhile to save up to get them done, and with MHS having so little money themseleves they're doing their best in helping her pay, they've gotten her good discounts though so hopefully it'll be easier for her to pay the vet bills.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts