Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear all
i have a female persian cat for 2.5 years
it dont like to marry any stranger (i tried three times)
so i got an advice to buy a male (and i made this 1 year persian male he is too big )
but he allways make noises like snake when he with the female (i guess he is afraid)
is this normal?
another thing
i heared that males make water (i dont know what to call it )every where not in thier littre box
is it happen even with a female?
thanx

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
When you say "Marry" do you mean "mate"? Are you trying to have kittens or are you just trying to find a friend for your female?

It takes a while for cats to get used to each other. Give it some time and your two cats may become good friends. If you're trying to have kittens, your female will need to be in heat first.

If your male is "intact," that is, he still has his testicles, chances are he will "spray" in your house. It tends to smell really bad. The way to solve this is to neuter your male. Females can develop the habit, but it's not as common with them as it is with males.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx

thanx alot
i mean mate
so the male will spray every way even he is with the female in the same house?
thanx

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The female may make him spray more, to mark his territory to keep other males away from the female.

Do you want kittens?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
All you have to do is neuter him, and the spraying almost always stops. And kittens need attention 24/7, when they are starting to be weaned, you have to pick up after them and so forth.. Plus that'd be extra mouths to feed, and MANY vet bills for all their shots.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Both males and females will spray if they are not fixed. Having them spayed/neutered will solve the problem.

It does not sound like you have done enough research on cats to be ready to take on the responsibility of kittens--and it's a BIG responsibility!

I really think you should have them sterilized.

Cheers,
DR. Jean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts