Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am KayRose, I am not quite sure how to post here, so forgive me if I am doing this wrong. I would gladly accept advice. I have 3 cats and one that has gone on to Kitty Cat Heaven. All are American Shorthair of some sort. Gentry is a golden tabby who was a stray that my partner and I rescued. Gentry adored Midnight, who has gone on to better trees in the Kitty Cat Heaven. Midnight suddenly went blind and that is when we found out he had a brain tumor. Gentry would lead Midnight around by the scruff of his neck to the water bowl and litter, etc. Gentry mourned greatly when my dear, rascally Midnight died. So my partner and I went to the pound and fell madly in love with a 25 lb. black cat (Midnight had been black and we wanted another black cat). Simon just adores my partner and licks her all of the time. One night, about 2 am I was alerted to a disturbance at my screen door by Simon and Gentry. I got up and looked and there was a scrawny black cat I knew was a feral. I opened my door and in Blackie walked and has never left. My partner and I just love our cats...and miss Midnight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
confused ex-feral cat

Hello again. I need advice about Blackie. He was a feral. His mother was a stray who passed on when Blackie was much too young. I only know a little bit about Blackie's history because he lived near the dumpter in my old apartment complex. Anyway, the problem with Blackie is that he will bite when I pet him, so I stop petting him. Then immediately he jams his head into my hand as if he wants petted, but if I so much a move a muscle, he will bite me again, but he keeps jamming his head into my hand. What in the blue-blazes does this cat want?

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Welcome Kayroserey

What sweet stories about your kitties. It put a lump in my throat reading about Midnight and Gentry. I have a special place in my heart for blind kitties.

Blackie sounds very special too. I'm sure if he was living by the dumpster he was occasionally mistreated and not totally socialized. He has definitely chosen you to be his people and to protect and love him. I think he probably get over stimulated when you pet him or your touching him where he isn't comfortable.

I have a foster which hate to be touched on the belly or the hind quarters. she will bite to warn me to stay out of that area.

Here is a thread which has a lot of good tips when trying to bring an unsocialized cat around.
Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Kitty Cat Boot Camp
I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts