Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new member has stated that the pictures in this thread are cruel. If you saw these pictures before, you'll notice that the group of pictures ralphcor posted are either in a different order or are an entirely different group. My computer is VERY slow, so I looked carefully at two pages, and asked the new member to contact us and inform us which pictures portray cruelty, and if they do, they will be removed. I did not like two* of the pictures I viewed, but I'm a bit of a prude. Please check these out. Unfortunately, there are now six pages. Ralphcor posted about 8 pictures, I believe.

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=82116#82116

*kitten noodle soup, obviously posed, and one cat sniffing another

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I thought "kitten noodle soup" was offensive, there is no reason for that photo.
I personally didn't immediately notice any others that I had a huge problem with. There are several with cats mounted on each other, sniffing each other and one of a small dog on top of a cat. These are just animals being animals in my opinion. But, if member are offended, they should probably be removed.
The unfortunate thing is that this is obviously not the same link that was orginally posted.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Some are cute, some are doctored photos, some are silly, and a few deal with a mature theme not suitable for children.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opinions? Should we ask catman to edit them out, or just move the thread? I feel bad for ralphcor, because he did not post those pictures, but it puts him in a bad light if we move the thread to Review. I remember very well seeing some cute pictures, including a kitten getting its face washed by a large dog. None was offensive. Whatever we do, we should notify ralphcor. He's been a member a long time, but doesn't post a lot.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't see any major problems with the photos other than the themes of a few. It appears to me that all of the ones that appear to be cruel are doctored photos anyhow.

It's your guys call, my tolerance for these things tend to be a tad higher than most.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Im like padunk, personally they dont bother me. But maybe the odd one or two would bother others such as the dog mounting the cat.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I looked through the first page and didn't see anything. But I doubt I would find any offensive.

But if one person does... I wonder what she finds offensive?

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
It may be the fact thats many of the cats have been dressed up. Some people are strongly against that.

I dunno what that guy on there is doing tho letting a little suck his nipple :roll:

the only ones I can imagine they find offensive, besides the ones where animals are dressed up are-

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I also didn't see anything offensive, but page 5 has a lot of photos that really aren't appropriate for children (mostly because of the titles of the pictures).

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't like the ones above either. Let's ask catman to remove page 5, at least. I don't think we can do that, can we? I'll try, but I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I moved it to Review. I couldn't delete specific pictures, and since this was not what ralphcor posted, I don't think he'd be upset. If in doubt, I think it's better to err in favor of wholesomeness-especially in this forum. It's one of the reasons I chose this one. :) I'll send ralphcor a pm.

edited for terrible typos!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i can see why some people would find some of the pictures offensive. the cat in a birdcage, cats in sex acts, the cat rolled up in a towel, ones dressed up and clearly annoyed by it….. maybe I’m easily offended too.

so if the post is left in the archive that’s fine with me.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is ralphcor's reply:

ralphcor
To: Jeanie
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:56 pm
Subject: Re: LInk
Jeanie wrote:
Hi, ralphcor. We don't see enough of you, so it's nice when we see you here. I wanted you to know that after I looked at the cute pictures you posted (there were about 6, I think), the link led to a referral to another set of pictures. There were 8 pages of pictures, some of which were not suitable for families. Someone brought this to our attention, and we (the mods) looked through all of them and decided to put the thread under review. I made it clear in the thread and in a PM that you had not posted those pictures. They were questionable, not terrible, so don't be concerned.

Please visit more often. At least a few of us got to see the pictures you really posted!

Jeanie

Thanks Jeanie! Yeah I've been busy and don't get on the Forum that much anymore, too much free time spent with my kitty

I understand about the link. Figure there's always gonna be someone that's concerned or doesn't agree. I was gonna reply in the post and try to make them see that the picture website is probably run by fellow cat lovers and not meant in a mean way at all... oh well you can't please everyone all the time

Cat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts