Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Cindy. I have 5 cats - Tiffy Smudge Annie Abby and Willie. Also have an English Bulldog named Maddie. I am looking for information regarding my kitty - Abby - who has not been feeling well for at least a month.
:catmilk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Abby

Abby is 4 years old. About a month ago she started secluding herself. She would lay on a couch that we have in the basement or sleep under a stand in my dining room. Usually she would always be out and about with me and the other , looking for treats and "talking". I thought maybe one of the other cats was bullying her. When she started hiding more and not eating much, I took her to the vet. He did blood tests and x-rays. Everything seemed normal but she had a fever of 103. He put her on Orbax. I took her back 2 days later because she had not improved. Her temp was now 106! He changed the meds to Clavamox. Her fever continued to range from 103 - 104.8. She was lethargic and not eating much. A friend told me about a woman she knew who had a cat with fever of unknown origin and it responded well to Zithromax. So my vet once again changed antibiotics. During her vet visits, he also gave her fluids and Poly/Dex. Following this, Abby would seem like her old self again for a day or two. The vet said it was probably from the cortisone. She has been on Zithromax for 10 days now. Her temp is normal and she is no longer hiding, but still seems lethargic and not eating a whole lot although she is definitely better than she was a month ago. Do you think it just takes a while to get back to acting normal because she was sick for so long????? Is something else going on??? I just want her to be well again. I am going crazy worrying about her. She does not have leukemia or HIV. I keep worrying about FIP! She is an indoor cat but does go outside in a small enclosed area. Any suggestions from you would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts