Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My wife and I live on an acreage in a rural part of British Columbia, Canada's western-most province. We live in a beautiful clearing in the forest, amid verdant mountain ridges. Snowy winter and (most years) a sunny summer. Good community life, gardening, backroad biking, and lake and river sports.

I'm a writer and editor, and my wife is a professional artist.

We have nearly always had a cat, and nearly always had them one at a time. While they're growing to adulthood, one of our responsibilities is to keep them from the beaks of eagles, the claws of racoons, and the jaws of coyotes. As soon as they teach themselves to run fast in the yard and climb trees or the corners of buildings, that concern on our part pretty well subsides.

Well, glad to have joined. I wish everyone a good day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess this is an appropriate place mention our delight with our young cat, Smitty - a 13-week-old, striped, mostly greyish shorthair tiger-tabby. Full of spunk and playfulness (not to forget, mishievousness). Friendly to all people. Curious to the Nth degree.

Virtually everyone who's met him has fallen in love with him.

Having just finished breakfast, he's bombing around the house as I write this. (He'd be outside now, but it's raining buckets.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts