Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My name is Marlania, and I'm currently living in north MS where I'm attending grad school. I moved from south Louisiana, where I worked with HOPE for Animals, a rescue organization that rehabilitates and rehomes stray dogs, cats, and misc. critters. Although I've placed cats into the organization, I've never owned a cat before, except for one rescue who stayed with us for 3 weeks. She was on her deathbed when we took her in. She battled a liver infection that her previous owners ignored. I guess the fact that the cat lived under their sofa for 4 months didn't bother them. Once she came into our care, she spent several days at the vet before she had two heart attacks and died. *sighs* At least she had a few good days with us and was taken care of in her final days.

I've always had dogs, but now my husband and I adopted a kitten two weeks ago. He will be 12 weeks old around August 6th. His name is Charlie, and he is an orange tabby. I also have a chocolate Lab named Brown, who we adopted from HOPE in 2001. Brown is Charlie's nap buddy. All that doggie body heat keeps Charlie very warm. We also have another dog, Grey, a large mix, who we adopted this past January from the shelter here. Grey mopes when Charlie sleeps on his bed lol. We also have two guinea pigs, Temporary and Permanent, and one hamster, who has been with us for 3 years (can't explain how he's still running in that wheel every night). Brown, Temp, and Perm were part of HOPE's education program for a while. We visited local elementary schools to teach students about being responsible pet owners, caring for animals, etc.

Just thought I'd give a little intro.

:D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Charlie Brown!
hee, hee.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Welcome to the forum, where you'll soon become an addict, like the rest of us. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont remind me! LOL

I let my husband name him, and Brown was already named when we adopted him. We didn't realize the whole Charlie Brown thing until a few days after! I tried changing his name of Charles, but my husband wouldn't hear of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts