Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! We just got a new kitten yesterday and wanted to see what everyone thought....The girl we bought her from said she was either a Savannah or Bengal mix, but was not sure. It doesn't matter what breed she is because she is so cute we are going to keep her either way...But, something about her appearance makes us think that she is not just a regular domestic cat...We still aren't set on a name, but my boyfriend is calling her Scooby. :D

·
Super Moderator
26,543 Posts
Welcome.

She's gorgeous!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys! We are just hoping her and our other cat Mini get along....so far just some hissing exchanged lol.... Here's my other baby....Mini, when she was a kitten.

They almost look like they could be sisters....except one has stripes and the other has spots :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! They aren't getting along too well as of right now...but its only been 2 days. I guess its gonna take some time. The funny part is, its our new kitty that's mean to our old kitty. So we dont know what to do about that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your kitties are beautiful! As far as the getting along, it will take them a while to adjust to each other, but chances are, they'll end up best buddies. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
YvetteAJM said:
Thanks! They aren't getting along too well as of right now...but its only been 2 days. I guess its gonna take some time. The funny part is, its our new kitty that's mean to our old kitty. So we dont know what to do about that.
Beautiful kitties! Definitely give them time. Around our house, Teya is the Queen Bee. On a normal basis, there is a lot of hissing for about 2 weeks, and then she turns into Miss Mother Hen, grooming and watching over the newcomers. Since we do a lot of cat rescue, it's typical to have cats coming through here. Isabella, the one in my AV, is following in Teya's footsteps...few weeks of hissing and smacking, then being motherly. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! We just dont know if we should keep them in separate rooms or just let them roam around. We had them in the same room today playing with the same toy, but as soon as they stopped chasing the toy they went back to growling ha ha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts