Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all! I'm Kathleen and I have two cats, Tybalt and Mehitabel. I have been an animal lover for as long as I can remember, and I've had cats since I was 4.

Tybalt was a stray who was just too cute for me to ignore. He came to live with me when he was about 4 weeks old. I got him medical care and bottle fed him for about a week until he learned to eat wet food. Back then, I could hold him in the palm of one hand...and now he's a big, beautiful nine year old brown tabby with white socks. He's a complete sweetheart who has been with me through good and bad, and has come with me on two cross-country moves.

My grandmother adopted Mehitabel as a one year old. She was on the kill list at the local shelter and had been there for months. My grandmother loved her and spoiled her rotten! After my grandmother passed away in 2008, Mehitabel came to live with me and Tybalt. She seems to consider herself a lady of refinement, and prefers to watch me rather than actually associate with me most of the time, but the laser toy and feline greenies will always get her to spend a little time with me, and once in a while she randomly decides to snuggle up and sit in my lap.

I ended up here because of a problem with Tybalt. I found two small lumps on his side, and my boyfriend and I are trying to figure out what diagnostic and treatment options to pursue. I just moved to a new city where I don't know any of the local vets and don't know any cat lovers I can talk to about my concerns. Tybalt visited a new vet he's never seen before, and she's very concerned about the possibility that he has cancer. It is so scary for me to deal with a problem like this, especially when I'm far away from the animal hospital I knew and trusted before my recent move. I'm hoping that folks here will be able to give me some moral support, and perhaps some advice. I've never dealt with a tumor in one of my cats, so I'm scared!

Tybalt

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome to the forum, though I am sorry it is under sad circumstances. This is definitely a good place for moral support, and since it's pretty much all "cat people", everyone knows where you're coming from and can empathize.

Try posting a thread in the Health forum giving as much detail and background as possible, and posing any questions you may have. It's amazing how many knowledgeable people are here, and people who may have been through very similar circumstances with one of their cats.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome aboard and I agree with posting your concerns on the health forum.

This is an incredible place for support. Lots of luck and I hope all goes well with your kitty.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hi and welcome! Tybalt is a sweetheart...I'm so sorry to hear he might be ill. :patback
If you had a good relationship with your prior animal clinic, perhaps you could phone them and ask them to recommend a new vet where you are now. They might not know anyone, but it can't hurt to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts