Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am a new member here, and I think that I will have fun with all of you and learn a lot of things about felines. I have two cats that I just LOVE!!! A Ragdoll and a Himalayan. My Himalayan does not want to be touched or held but does enjoy being with all of us. My Ragdoll is a real "love-bug" and is always jumping on my lap and sleeping for hours. O.K. I have to tell a family secret, and believe me, it is the truth. My Himalayan who will not allow human contact waits for me every morning to get up. She follows me into the bathroom and waits for me to "sit-down." She then rubs herself back and forth against the wall and then against my legs. Soon after, she meows and jumps up onto my lap and rubs her head against me and then lays down and purrs up a storm. She then allows me to scratch, rub and pet her. I have taken advantage of this and now keep grooming tools on the back of the commode. She actually allows me to brush her while I am "seated." She will stay as long as I stay. Several times during the day when I make my "visit", in she comes and up she jumps. It is really so funny. Any other time and place it is hands off. If I pick her up, she will bite or scratch me. She really is a funny cat. Does anyone have an explanation for such crazy kitty behavior?:eek:nekitty

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi! Welcome. I truly do not understand the attraction of bathroom time to cats. Mine must all join me in the bathroom. Ninja will crawl into my pants and rub on my legs. Kobie used to want to be held and cuddles while I was on the throne. Ninja HAS to be in there with me. When I had a litterbox in the bathroom, there would be a line to use it while I was in there....
I think if we understood cats we'd all go mad!

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's so strange! My cat does the same thing, she absolutely hates to be picked up and will only allow you to pet her when she says you can, she is the definition of a spoiled princess! Take advantage of the cute and cuddle kitty time!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Welcome!

All my girls have to stop what they're doing and join me in the bathroom. Now with the house separated, it's just Gigi, but even if she's sleeping, she hears the bathroom door open and runs in. She'll flop on the rug and purr and purr while she's getting her little face scratched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts