Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I am the New Guy I guess...I have never really been a "cat person" that being said we had about 6 cats that were abandoned by our neighbors when they moved, we began feeding them & were able to get all but one to a no kill shelter ...so the one that was left behind has been hanging out at the house we have continued feeding her recently due to the weather we have let her in our garage ( cant let her in the house due to our dogs )

I am looking for advice on litter training her we have it set up in the garage for her but there are also a couple of large plants in there as well ( weather again) that she is using instead of the litter box ...suggestions ?

we took her yesterday to be spayed ...

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Any chance you could bag the container/soil portion of the plant, perhaps using a large garbage bag that could be easily opened when you have to water the plant. She won't likely pee in/on the plant if it's bagged, since the urine will then get on her legs/paws, which she'll want to avoid. Also, make sure the litter box is not close to her food or where she sleeps, since cats don't like to go in the vicinity of their food/bed. Perhaps put the box near the plant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since my last post we have had Miss Kitty spayed, she is now recouping in one of our bathrooms, much warmer there than the garage. She has been doing great using the litterbox she really seems to like sleeping in the tub though for some reason. We now want to find her a good loving (indoor) home.
thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts