Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago my beautiful cat (Helen) had to be put down :( because the poor thing had cancer. She was in pain after an operation and when she tried to eat she'd yelp - so we decided it was the kindest thing to do. I'm really missing having a cat now because I've had her all my life (I'm 14) and she was so good-natured and gentle. My family (mum and my brother, 16) and I are planning to get a kitten from the shelter near us at the end of october. If there's anyone who has had a kitten could you please tell me a little about what to expect? Helen was a kitty when we got her but that was when I was 1 so I don't remember!!
Thanks and hi to everyone :)
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Hi, welcome to the cat forum. I'm so sorry about Helen. If you'd like to, you can post a tribute to her in the Rainbow Bridge forum.

Kittens are the softest, sweetest, naughtiest, fastest, sleepiest, wildest, and most gentle anmals in all of creation! There is never a dull moment. They are either tearing around or sleeping. You are in for a great experience! (Better get some thick gloves, because she'll try to chew you into little pieces as she's teething :lol: )

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :D So sorry to hear about your cat. :(
Like Jeanie said, kittens are a fun experience. It's been a long time since I have raised a kitten. My cat, Velvet, is 9 years old. There's a lot of good information on the forum. Good luck with your new kitten!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome to CatForum! Sorry about your kitty...

Have you considered getting a cat instead of a kitten? Many cats are put to sleep each year and a kitten has a better chance of getting adopted. But either way, kittens are good! And you'll be in for a time with a kitten ;) They're cute little balls of fluff.. WITH CLAWS! :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to get a cat...!!

I visited the rspca near me yesterday and brought home a playful 3-year-old boy! My mother and I had asked about a lot of cats, and they all had names down on their list for adoption (Not sure if things are done this way in America; I'm in Australia :)). Then we saw George: sitting in his litter tray and eating, having dragged his food bowl over to it!! No one had put their name down for adoption and he had been available for a week. So we took him home and he's joined the family! When he's properly settled in, I'll take some pics and send them in:D . Still missing Helen, but George had certainly cheered things up around here!
Bye all - from Kay :)

P.S Thanx for your suggestion, Aonir. As you can tell, I took your advice!

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
It is wonderful that you have rescued a full grown cat from a shelter. Many people want only kittens, and some abandoned cats never find a home. I hope my attempt at humor did not give you a bad impression of kittens; I think they are amazing! Congratulations on your new pet! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts