Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

:? I have two cats mum & son
mum had kittens in jan this year & when they were old enough to leave home she had a season two weeks later after they had all gone.

we kept the cats apart as much as we could during the season as they are mum & son but a friend came round with there kids & they got together she is pregnant now with her sons kittens & I am worried as she is to far gone to do anything about it can anyone help me with this problem & tell me what the kittens will come out like & if they will be ok or not thanks

I hope someone can help me :?

catlover77

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I had a very similar situation with a neighbor one time. She moved in with mama cat and two siblings. Within eight months there were over 50 cats in that apartment. They all appeared to be okay but sadly things did not end well.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I imagine the kittens will be fine.

I don't like this thought at all and I personally couldnt do it - but - if you are worried - you could get your queen spayed now while she is pregnant. She would abort the kittens of course but its an option.

If you decide to let the pregnancy continue make sure your little lady is spayed as soon as she has stopped feeding them to stop her from getting pregnant again.

And of course neuter the Tom too ;)

There is financial help/ cheap schemes available if money is tight.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
catnip said:
I had a very similar situation with a neighbor one time. She moved in with mama cat and two siblings. Within eight months there were over 50 cats in that apartment. They all appeared to be okay but sadly things did not end well.
50 cats???? Good Lord!! 8O 8O

What happened Steve?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
melysion said:
catnip said:
50 cats???? Good Lord!! 8O 8O

What happened Steve?
well, the landlord and the health department got involved. She got evicted, many of the toms scattered when the crap hit the fan, some got dumped at the 24hr. emergency vet clinic. I don't know what happened to many of them. As a cat lover it was probably the most heartbreaking situation I've had to witness, especially since I railed the girl from day one about the situation. Last I heard, she was in prison. It took over a year before that apartment was rentable again.

:cry:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
the male tom who started it all, Bad Boy was his name, stowed away in an elderly neighbors apartment and attacked him one night while he was getting into bed. His hand swelled up like a football and he had to be hospitalized. After that, Bad Boy kept breaking in to yet another neighbors apartment and attacking them and I think they got rid of him somehow.

My God oh how I hated that cat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your help we thought that the kittens would be ok but I just wanted to ask around i couldnt get her spayed now she only has about 3 wks left if that & i dont like that sort of thing in any one or anilmal its not right in my eyes she will get booked in as soon as she can be spayed as this is her 3rd litter I didnt know that they had a season so soon after the kittens had gone as we kept the boy from her 1st litter and got rid of all the last lot then she got cought with this lot

catlover77

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Get the son fixed now, before she gives birth so you don't have to worry about it if she goes into heat again quickly.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
unfortunately it's too late to abort, If it was earlier I would have said to go for the spay. Just make sure you save up money to raise these guys especially if the other litter she had was recently. poor thing having litters so close together, that worries me more than the in breeding. i know of an irresponsible owner who allowed her dog to get pregnant twice in a row, first litter was normal (and she dumped them into a shelter) and the second litter consisted of dogs half the size, who were blind, missing teeth and cannot grow hair. My friend was breeding her cat (I vould not for the life of me talk her out of it) and the mother got pregnant a few days after dilivering a bunch of kittens. the next litter consisted of one kitten who was huge, got stuck in the canal and was finally birthed dead, as sad as it was I was almost glad that a whole other litter was not brought into the world for no reason, plus it's what finally got them to spay her. I do hope everything turns out alright though, it stinks that she has been bred (at all!) but I am glad you are going to spay her once the kittens are weaned. I agree, neuter the male now.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Here is a list of low cost spay/ neuter organizations in the US, Canada, and parts of Europe:

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10228

There are so many resources in the Rules, Resources, and Remedies section of the Sticky Forum.

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=36157

I would get the male cat neutered immediately, and keep the female in the house, even while she's still nursing. She can get pregnant within days of giving birth. She can be spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned. Good luck.

·
Registered
695 Posts
~Siameseifuplz~ said:
unfortunately it's too late to abort, If it was earlier I would have said to go for the spay.
Three weeks left in a pregnancy is not too late for abortion. Many vets will do it even the day before the cat is due. Penny was done a week before she was due. :D

Get them both fixed it prevents not only kittens but health issues as well and that oh so lovely thing called spraying. :evil:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I suggest you get your male neutered now. As far as spaying the momma cat, that's your choice. Now, or after the kittens are weaned.
:eek:rcat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again boy cats in today to be done jus hope he dosent lose he way he is hes such a loving boy. :)

I will get mum done as soon as she stops feeding babys hen when shes well she can go out again we only ever wanted her to have 1 litter as is not fair on her to keep having babys shes still only a baby her as far as im conserned & she will deffently NOT have another litter after this one.

catlover77

1 - 20 of 34 Posts