Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My name is Bobbie and I just found this forum today. I was so happy to see the friendly posts you all send to each other. :) I'm not one who usually writes on forums, but it's always nice to have the opinions of others when you have questions.
My boyfriend and I adopted Skeeter--a grey tabby--about a month ago when he was a few days over 3 months old. This past Sunday was his 4 month birthday (he got a few new toys!) and I know I am going to have a lot of questions about neutering/shots/moods and such.
We've both had family cats before, but niether of us ever had to deal with raising a kitten to a cat. So, this is very new for us. Skeeter has adjusted well to our cottage, though, and is happiest when both mom and dad are there to keep him company.
Unfortunately, we are both students, so we will be very busy...especially since this is both of our last years with a BS for him and an MA for me. I'll be home a lot reading, though (English major), so I hope the little guy doesn't feel too lonely.
I have to say that the best part of being a mom are those nuzzles Skeeter gives me "just because." My last cat NEVER gave nuzzles. She just didn't feel it was necessary, I guess. But, those nuzzles from our little boy make the entire day worth it all! :D
Did I mention that Skeeter loves to play fetch?! His favorite toy is a rolled up paper ball from his mom's latest InStyle mag. He'll play fetch (mostly with daddy) for up to 30 minutes! It's his favorite game. :)
He's made us very happy and has completed our little home. And he's growing so fast! I'm glad I found you all to help me keep up! I couldn't figure out how to post a photo, so Skeeter will have to wait to make his appearance for you all. :( Sorry! :(

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Cat Forum and congratulations on your Skeeter. There's a sticky in the Meet My Kitty section that explains how to post photos. I can't wait to see him, as I have a soft spot for gray tabbies (3 of my 5 cats are gray tabbies).

I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Everyone here is very helpful and quite knowledgeable.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
A warm welcome to the forum!!! I hope you will post a lot and that you feel as welcome as I felt when I joined here a few months ago. Love this place!!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'll continue to try to post more photos in my messages. In the meantime, I've posted a photo of Skeeter in the Cat Photos. It's the one entitled "His First Day Home." That's our little one! :) He's grown quite a bit since that pic was taken!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts