Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Just posting an introduction. I signed up to get some advice on a few things from people who might have already tried an option or two I'm considering for organic cat litter on a budget. I have four cats- one I found my first year of college (a long, llooong ten years ago) and three more I adopted during the five years I worked for an animal rescue. I currently suspect they're at home sleeping.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome! I'm currently at home and my two girls are here sleeping...it's what they often do best.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, guys! Susan, I have two long-haired cats myself- one of whom who looks just like Nicole's Autumn.

Nicole, is Cloud a calico? That's a striking color pattern!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thank you! He actually isn't, he is white with brown patches everywhere. Some patches are darker brown then others, I could see where one would look orange-ish in my sig. Not to sound biased, but if one of your girls looks like my Autumn then she must be beautiful :p I am very excited to see pictures of your 2 fur babies!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hah! Well, I have to scan some old pictures of them. I do have some pictures of two of my cats from their rescue days looking angry, though. It's been a long time since I've seen a male cat with brown patches. He's lovely. I should... probably upload the photos of Rita and Scampers (I did not name her I swear) for show and tell.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thank you :) I will eagerly wait to see them! It would be kind of neat for you to load the picture of when they were at the shelter then how they are now. I bet there is a huge difference because they now love their life so much more.

I understand about the name thing, don't worry. I didn't name Kent either, he was given that name at the shelter and by the time I took him home that is what I knew him as. At least Scampers is a kitty like name, I'm not sure what made someone think of Kent lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Most of the cats at the rescue I worked at had people names, heh! But I think after you had Princess XIII running around, it was a relief. I only named one of my cats and she... still wound up with a people name. I think your boy looks a bit like a Kent, though! It's something about the eyes and nose.

Here's Scampers at Second Chance. She does love her life a lot more, but she's still the epitome of the Fuzzy and Angry cat. I think I get hissed at at least six times a day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is that! She's a... strange case. Very stubby legged and her paunch from being spayed almost touches the floor when she walks sometimes. She was named Scampers because of her tendency to run when you walk past her and because... she runs kind of like a skunk. Even has a black stripe running straight down the middle of her tail.
I've been tempted to rename her Dustbunny or Swiffer a few times, but man, has she been Scampers for a long time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts