Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little monster is now 6 months old and I've been trying to take more pictures of her growing up. Layla has been a joy and although has her bitchy calico moments is a complete lover. She cuddles with us all night long and will perch on my shoulder if I roll over on my side. Although she never took to the cat bed I bought for her she LOVES to sleep on laptop cases. Her favorite toy is a mesh bag that came with a printer (in the fourth pic)- to get her out from under the bed I just have to open up the bag and she runs and jumps into it.

We've had her since August and in that time have only left her alone overnight twice (2 separate instances) so we were concerned about Christmas because my boyfriend and I would be gone for 4 nights. A friend of mine came over to play with her and keep her company but it definitely wasn't the same amount of interaction that she's used to. I've heard horror stories about cats peeing on suitcases once their owners returned and being distraught in general. It went off without a hitch- nothing was disturbed and she was SO happy to see us!! She didn't leave my side the first day we were back!

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas! Enjoy the pics. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Wow wow wow! I'm in love with Layla. What a beautiful kitty!!!

I've heard stories about cats peeing on things while you're away, but it's never happened to me either. I'm not sure I believe in the "cats are mad so they pee on something" theory.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
She's gorgeous!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, folks!

October- She had just gotten over a UTI a month ago so I was overly worried about her peeing outside of the litter box. What I was most concerned about however was her being upset and not wanting anything to do with us when we came back. Luckily, neither happened!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Beautiful kitty! That black line that runs down the exact centre of her forehead is very striking.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Totally agree, she's a doll, and that black half-mask is stunning! Like those masks from the costume balls in Venice....

Fran

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Thanks, folks!

October- She had just gotten over a UTI a month ago so I was overly worried about her peeing outside of the litter box. What I was most concerned about however was her being upset and not wanting anything to do with us when we came back. Luckily, neither happened!
I know what you mean -- once they've peed on something you're forever worried they're going to do it again.

As far as absences go, it sounds like you did the best possible thing by having a friend come over and spend time with her. I have a cat sitter come twice a day, and even then it doesn't seem like enough. I once asked our vet if our 5-day vacation may have caused a medical problem with our first cat. She said, "Oh no. Lives must be led." So that's my mantra. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the kind responses!

Layla is the first cat I've owned by myself although my parents always had animals when I still lived at home. She has turned out to be a great friend and companion and is also (knock on wood) a pretty easy keeper. I am so grateful and lucky to have taken a chance on her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts