Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is a darling but recently she's been doing something strange. She's always had a fascination for turning any stray papers lying around into confetti (but strangely enough seems to leave important stuff alone?! :) ). However recently she's been ripping up the newspaper that her litter tray is placed on and sticking the strips of paper in her litter tray. I know at the shelter I got her from they used schredded paper type litter, but she was only there for a few days (she was a new arrival when we picked her out) so I am not sure it had become an ingrained thing there.

Any ideas? I find it more curious than disturbing or annoying.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good question! I'm not sure that i know, but our cats at home drag all sorts of things into their litter box. What ever happens to be lying around, like bags or papers. Strange!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night I found a 5 cent piece in her tray..... I hope she didn't swallow it somehow and it came out the other end!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Maybe she is trying to tell you to buy the recycled litter type.....if thats so, she's a smart little girl! =_

·
Registered
423 Posts
A couple of my cats do that too, if there is anything on the floor near the litter box the try (and most of the time do) drag it in there.

I have found countless socks in there! :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
My litter tray is in front of the freezer so you can imagine what the front of my freezer looks like!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kitkat said:
Maybe she is trying to tell you to buy the recycled litter type.....if thats so, she's a smart little girl! =_
LOL. She's also a cheapskate if she thinks 5 cents will do it! ;)

Of course she's smart - she's my little girl (I type as she scurries around the place like a mad woman for no obvious reason!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts