Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In October, I adopted a stray that had been coming around since the spring. I checked to see if he belonged to anyone, the animal shelter had no calls of a missing cat with his description, the vet scanned him with two different scanners to look for a chip and he didn't have one... so he became mine.

He was not neutered, had all his claws (which most people around here don't "keep") his skin was very thick, his hair was very coarse, and his teeth a bit tartar-y so they could tell that if he ever had a home, it was as a baby if at all.

He's now the sweetest, most loving cat. At first he was scared to death to come anywhere near me. For months, he would run and hide when I'd give him food. Eventually, he'd chase me to get attention and sit in the doorway for us to open the door so he could fall in.

So really, I just have some question and things about him that people who have had strays in the past can maybe answer.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey there, gooseygoose. Thank you for taking your cat in and giving him such a good home. It was also very kind of you to go to such lengths to make sure nobody was looking for him.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this board so I'm sure they can help you with any questions you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts