Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to put away the 'little cat house'...
When this little girl showed up!
She has been using it on cold nights!
I'm going to see if she belongs to any new move-ins, in our neighborhood...
But since she's been hiding out under the neighbors shed during the day, I've just got a sickening feeling, that someone dumped her in the area...:(
She's very friendly and loves attention...
I'm calling her Sweetie Pie!
If no one claims her, I will take her to a cat rescue here, and they're great people!
1427745329410.jpg
1427745354627.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
We had two cats brought to our shelter yesterday asking for microchip checks. One had one and one didn't. The reunion of the family with the cat who had been microchipped was really moving.

Moral of that long story with respect to Sweetie Pie ... check her chip!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
She is a pretty one! Glad she found your small shelter. LOL. We get drop offs in my neighborhood also..

I am sure the Ginger living part time on my porch was a drop off. and the black Manx was a leave - behind. The grey female I think came up from one of the feral colonies. She is NOT a stray.. or cannot have been a housecat. but she shares a shelter with the Manx. She is more Ghost then not. I am not sure she is tamable.

When we take them for TNR, we always check for chips. So far, we have yet to find one WITH a chip. but we always hope.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jeff!
That is on my 'check' list to do, too!:)

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Cute kitty!

I should save Sharon from her own denial and just move this to Meet My (70th) Kitty!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL! Marie!:D Unfortunately, I am at Full Capacity, at this time! I won't risk upsetting the balance, that the kitties, I already have, have worked out!!:)

The most important thing I can do for this one...if she doesn't have a home, is to place her with the Cat Shelter, where she will have a chance at finding a good home...
They spay, neuter, chip, and give first shots...and no cat is ever euthanized!

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
I totally understand! At my vet's office, there were some little orange feral boys they were socializing. My friends know how much I want a big orange boy some day, but no way am I messing with what I have now.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep! It's VERY important to know your limits...And your cats limits!:)

Seems she is feeling pretty comfortable now, gave her some canned food, and she snarfed it down!
I'm just happy she found the 'house', we're going to have a serious temperature drop, over the few days, at least I know she'll have warm shelter!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweetie Pie was already in her house, when I got home from work, after midnight, and she didn't bolt out of it, when she heard the sliding door opening!

This morning, I took the dogs out, and I didn't see her anywhere, when the dogs were in, I started calling, and prrrtttting! She came a running!

Yep! She's a Sweetie, for sure!:p

Thursday, I'll take her to my vet to have her scanned for a chip!
When I start checking, if she belongs to someone in the neighborhood, I'm just going to ask if someone is missing a cat, if so, call me, to describe their cat!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Awww, she really is a little sweetie pie! So you just keep the kitty house out there in case of stray kitties in need of shelter? Well no wonder they find their way to you! :p

Actually, there are 3 kitty houses in my porch. I was going to donate the dog house, but I keep thinking that it might come in handy... for stray kitties in need of shelter. Hm. I guess I can't make fun of you! LOL!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, Spirite, I keep a house out, for any strays in need! I'm just so glad she found it! Our nights have dipped into the 20's again!
I definitely suggest you keep ALL of your 'houses'!

I think, she's probably only a year old, at the most...I think she may be around eight to ten months...
And she either has a bad case of worms...or...she's preggers, she has a pretty big belly...:eek::rolleyes:
Poor little girl...

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
She does look quite young. I can't see her tummy, but the rest of her looks pretty thin. Is she eating like she's starving? I hope she's not pregnant...

A couple of days ago, I was on the deck and saw a fluffy-tailed tabby coming around the side of my house to walk into the backyard. I gave a friendly "hey!" like, "hey cute kitty, who are you?" but he/she got scared when he/she saw me and ran off. But I think this is the same kitty that I saw Mr. Casper run off last year, so I think he/she has a home. I hope so anyway. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I reworked Sweeties little house, so now she should be even warmer!
I just checked her, and she's snug as a bug!
I'm taking her to my vet in the morning to get checked for a chip, and I'm going to get her wormed, I found a 'sticky rice segment' stuck to her butt!:eek: :p

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Ewww. Well at least that means maybe she isn't pregnant? Fingers crossed that she has a home and that someone is looking for her!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sure hope so...she's sticking like glue to our yard area, and comes running when I call for her, poor baby...I just can't imagine someone abandoning her...sigh....but I know it happens all the time:(

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thank you for doing right by this little sweetie!! It's so sad when animals get dumped and are just left to fend for themselves when they are fully happy to be with humans.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.