Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, new here! And to feeding kittens raw.

I feed my dog Prey Model raw and my adult cat but I've never started a growing animal on raw before. I'm hopefully getting a kitten soon here so I want to make sure I do this right. Not sure of the age the kitten will be since I plan to get him from the shelter, maybe around a 10-20 week old. So my main question is, how much raw do you feed a kitten this age? I've heard some people say let them eat all they want but then how do you make sure they are getting the correct balance of meat/bone/organ. Or is there a set amount I can feed like you do with adults.

Thanks for any and all help :grin:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yes, kittens get however much they can finish in one sitting. As for the balance, it's roughly 80% meat, 10% bone, 5% liver, 5% other secreting organs. For me, as long as it's roughly in that proportion over time, then it's cool. I don't meticulously calculate each meal. I also feed a half raw/half wet canned diet so if I do miss something, then they're getting it from the wet.

When the kitten grows to adulthood, then you can go by the 2-3% of body weight guideline.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts