Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled across while looking for ways to get my cat to eat again and found some promising advice here, so I signed up.

I have an almost 2 year old short hair male, Brodie, who had an upper respiratory infection that developed into a different type of infection. Blood work showed normal organ function, but high white cell count. He had previously been screened for leukemia and FIV. He was prescribed a second round of clavamox with some steroid in it and while he was acting a little better (i'm sure it was because of steroid), he never got his appetite fully back. He would lick the gravy off soft food, eat some turkey, tuna or chicken when offered, but would not eat a normal meal. He was grooming, hydrating regularly and using his scratching post. When I informed the vet he was acting a little better, but not close to himself and not eating much, he prescribed orbax. The cat has lost his appetite completely and has become more lethargic. I have started to assist feed him with a mix of a higher calorie cat food, baby food and Nutri Cal. I give him a 3 oz can, jar of baby food and suggested dose of Nutri cal in this mix each day. Also have some Rebound coming in mail today to supplement this further. I am thinking of mixing in the Slippery Elm bark into my food as well.

Any advice is appreciated, my 8 month old Bengal, Larsson, needs his playmate back and healthy again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts