Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted in a couple other forums but hadn't yet posted pics of my cat.
Well, here she is! I got her from a shelter in Pittsburgh about 3 months ago. She is tortoise shell black and brown with a couple of white spots.

The vet estimates her to be about 3 years old. There were a few kittens at the shelter, but I figured the older guys (or gals!) had more trouble finding homes. Plus, I am away sometimes and don't have time in my life right now for kitten-rearing. Anyhow, Charles is a great kitty! She lays around most of the time, just like me!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeanie said:
She is absolutely beautiful! And she's from Pittsburgh! I think that makes us almost relatives..... :wink:
I think that does make you related :) She's lost a few pounds since the shelter, she was a couple lbs overweight when i got her.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Overweight at the shelter? That's one fine shelter, or she wasn't there for long. I know they mean well, but the shelters I visit have very skinny animals.

She's a very nice looking cat, I like the touch of orange around the face.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Padunk said:
Overweight at the shelter? That's one fine shelter, or she wasn't there for long. I know they mean well, but the shelters I visit have very skinny animals.

She's a very nice looking cat, I like the touch of orange around the face.
They had her on Iams Weight Control at the shelter (Pittsburgh Animal Rescue League) and she had been there for three weeks when I took her home.

I really wonder how she ended up there? She was obviously a well-fed, well cared-for pet when I got her. Maybe she wasn't stray, maybe someone brought her in? I guess i'll never know :(

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I'm glad you rescued an older cat, I think they are less adopted than kittens. I love the eyes, so pretty! She sounds like my cat Twinkie, just lays around all day... I'm sure you guys will have a great life together :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts